Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

Tugged Apart

The last few weeks have been very hectic. Between working 40 plus hours/week at UM-Flint, chairing an event for my church, bartending and planning a beer tasting, I feel like I am being tugged apart.

At UM-Flint, I have been pushing for an alumni bus trip to watch the Pistons for the last few years. Back in December, my boss gave me the green light to plan one. The invite went out via snail mail and e-mail. We sold our tickets and filled a bus. I didn’t go.

The game was scheduled for last Sunday against the Pacers at 1 p.m. The Tuesday before, my preacher asked me to be in church to make a special announcement about the event I am chairing (a broadcast seminar at our church of a big-time leadership conference). To my dismay, I got an all-too-eager co-worker to cover the Pistons trip.

At church, surprisingly my preacher made my announcement, both first and second service. So I wasn’t really needed, but I guess it was good to be in God’s house for three hours. I just wish I wouldn’t have had Pistons tickets.

On the other hand, my Cinco de Mayo beer tasting is going well. I have the place filled already…just need to find some good Mexican beers.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?